Innovation, Security, Culture: The Next 75 Years of Australia India Relations
By Perth USAsia Centre and Australia India Institute
The Perth USAsia Centre, together with the Australia India Institute, is pleased to announce the release of our latest publication: Innovation, security, culture: the next 75 years of Australia-India relations.
As 2022 marks the 75th anniversary of India’s independence, both India and Australia are celebrating 75 years of diplomatic relations.
This edited volume not only reflects the two countries’ past successes but imagines the future of their bilateral relations. Topics covered range from First Nations Diplomacy and how it can shape bilateral ties, to the potential of collaboration in the Pacific, and looking beyond Bollywood in Australia-India film links.
Carefully curated, it features the perspectives of thought leaders and emerging voices who chart the exciting growth trajectory of the Australia-India relationship. Contributors include a Fellow of the Royal Society, a Paralympian and Walkley Award-winning journalist.
- Shams Aalam – Founder Para Sports Association Mumbai
- Julie Ballangarry – School of Government and International Relations, Griffith University
- Latika Bourke – Journalist for The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age
- Baani Grewal – Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- R.A. Mashelkar FRS – Reliance Innovation Leadership Centre
- David Masters – Global Policy & Regulatory Affairs Atlassian
- Deepthi Ravula – CEO WE Hub
- Anupam Sharma – Australia India Film Council Chair
- Asha Sundaramurthy – Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Professor Michael Wesley – Deputy Vice-Chancellor International, University of Melbourne