Beyond Delhi Maharashtra: Australian Super Funds and the Indian Investment Story
On 20 October, the Perth USAsia Centre in partnership with Austrade hosted a webinar, Beyond Delhi Maharashtra: Australian super funds and the Indian investment story.
India’s ambitious development agenda has seen the development of over $224 billion worth of infrastructure projects in the state of Maharashtra. Its capital city, Mumbai is India’s trading and financial hub, complimented by progressive economic policy settings.
As Australia and India look to expand their economic cooperation, Australian superfunds can play a role in meeting India’s development needs. Australian superfunds hold the world’s fourth-largest superannuation market and are established foreign investors. India provides greenfield opportunities for Australian companies to invest in, creating a way forward in deepening shared economic development.
This webinar explored lessons learnt from Australian superfunds in India, with a special focus on how these can be applied in Maharashtra.
- Damian Graham, Chief Investment Officer, Aware Super
- Anita George, Executive Vice-President; Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ)
- Sujoy Bose, Chief Executive Officer, National Investment and Infrastructure Fund
- Stewart Rees, Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner, Austrade, South Asia
- Sonia Arakkal, Policy Fellow, Perth USAsia Centre (moderator)