The Australia-Indonesia relationship: a masterclass
This masterclass is developed and delivered by the Perth USAsia Centre team. It specifically addresses Australia’s strategic relationship with Indonesia with topics including Indonesian history, politics and culture, the relationship with Australia in terms of defence, trade and economics as well as current successes and future opportunities. The short and impactful timeframe means that learners will gain insights in a very efficient and effective timeframe.
By completing the course, participants will:
1. Understand the historical, geographical, and political factors that shape Indonesia’s international engagement
2. Appreciate Indonesia’s interests in the Indo-Pacific and how they relate to Australia’s own engagement in the region.
3. Identify key pillars and opportunities of Australia’s partnership with Indonesia
Aimed at early- to mid-career professionals in Australia’s business, government and education sectors seeking to upskill in knowledge relating to the Indo-Pacific. It is specifically useful for those moving into or advancing in roles that require Asia-related knowledge and are seeking career advancement and broader context.
Upon successful completion of this micro-credential, you’ll receive:
- A Certificate of Achievement
- Access to the Perth USAsia Centre alumni network
Delivery mode: Fully online
Duration: Self Paced (complete within 3 months)
Total effort: 6 hours
- 6 x sessions of class content each made up of videos, podcasts, articles, reports and commentary.
- Final assessment via quiz and online activities
Academic Lead: Dr. Lisa Cluett
Cost: $250 + GST