About the Course
This micro-credential is developed and delivered by the Perth USAsia Centre team. Participants will gain an understanding of the Indo-Pacific region and Australia's strategic relationships to Asia. Content covering topics including regionalism, geopolitics, economics, security and relations with key partners including USA, China, India, Korea, Japan, Indonesia and Vietnam.
By completing the course, participants will:
- Understand Australia's contemporary strategic and economic role in the Indo-Pacific Region
- Evaluate the key trends shaping the Indo-Pacific region and its future
- Analyse the strategic and economic pathways for Australia to diversify its regional relationships.
Aimed at early- to mid-career professionals in Australia's business, government and education sectors seeking to upskill in knowledge relating to the Indo-Pacific. It is specifically useful for those moving into or advancing in roles that require Asia-related knowledge and are seeking career advancement and broader context.
Upon successful completion of this micro-credential, you'll receive:
- Two PD Points
- A Certificate of Achievement
- A UWA Plus Professional Development Transcript, listing all successfully completed micro-credentials
Delivery mode: Online
Course date: 4 September 2023
Applications close: 4 September 2023
Duration: 8 weeks
Total effort: 50 hours
- 8 x sessions
- 5.5 hours each made up of:
- 1 hour lecture
- 2 hours reading (reports, op eds, government papers)
- 2 hours watching/listening (podcasts, media clips, webinar content, speeches)
- 3 x webinars - 1 hour each
- 3 x quizzes - 1 hour each
Academic lead: Dr Lisa Cluett
Cost: $330 including GST.
- Critical information summary
- MICROCREDENTIAL COURSE FLYER
Development of this course is supported by the WA State Government.