The Perth USAsia Centre is pleased to invite you to our webinar Beyond Delhi: new Australia-Tamil Nadu Education Links, delivered in partnership with Austrade.
As COVID-19 has disrupted the flow of students across borders, Australian universities are looking to new models for their engagement in India. The state of Tamil Nadu presents a critical entry point as its capital, Chennai, is an established educational centre. With the third highest per capita income among Indian states, and the highest gross enrolment ratio in higher education, Tamil Nadu is ahead of the curve in collaborating with foreign universities and incorporating private players into their higher education landscape.
This webinar will spotlight Tamil Nadu and discuss opportunities for Australian and Indian universities to collaborate on innovative models of education.
- Ravneet Pawha, Deputy Vice President (Global) & CEO (South Asia), Deakin University
- Vicki Thomson, Chief Executive, The Group of Eight
- Raghunathan Rengasamy, Dean Global Engagement, IIT Madras
- Monica Kennedy, Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner, Austrade
- Sonia Arakkal, Policy Fellow, Perth USAsia Centre (moderator)