The United States election will be a significant event in 2020 with global and long-lasting implications. Experts at the Perth USAsia Centre are focused on providing content, events and programs that help explain the democratic election process in the lead-up to election day, and following the result helping our audiences understand the impact of the outcome on Australia and the wider Indo-Pacific region.
The Perth USAsia Centre will provide regular updates on the potential implications of the US election for Australia and the Indo-Pacific region. Our sister Centre, the United States Studies Centre
are available for comment on all aspects of US politics.
- 14 Jan 2020: The State of American Democracy with Senator Jeffry Flake
- 3 Nov 2020: Election Day Event
- United States Government - Presidential Election Process
- 30/12/19 Global News - What to know as U.S. gears up for the 2020 presidential election
- 26/11/19 Aljazeera - Who are Republicans challenging Trump for 2020 nomination? Only 2 candidates are vying to defeat Trump for Republican nomination in 2020 presidential race.
- 25/11/19 Aljazeera - Who are the 2020 US Democratic presidential candidates? The pool of candidates vying for their party's nomination in 2020 is among the largest and most diverse in US history.
- 08/11/19 Aljazeera - US elections 2020: When are the debates, primaries, conventions? A guide to all the important dates for the 2020 US presidential election.
- 04/11/19 The Guardian - Who is running for president? The full list of 2020 candidates. Almost two dozen Democratic candidates - and a few Republicans - are vying to be the one to take on Donald Trump in the 2020 race for the White House
- 30/09/19 The Washington Post, Opinion - Jeff Flake: Fellow Republicans, there’s still time to save your souls
- United States Government - Video: How to Become President of the USA (watch below)