Who Should Apply?
To be eligible for the program you must:
- be enrolled in a University of Western Australia degree in the Bachelor of Arts, Commerce or Science programs or a University of Sydney degree in one of the following faculties: Arts and Social Sciences and the Business School
- have completed (or will complete by the end of Semester 1, 2016) at least 48 credit points of study
- have a minimum credit (65%) average
- demonstrate your potential to be an outstanding ambassador of your home university, the Perth USAsia Centre and the United States Studies Centre as evidenced by your personal and academic attributes
The following will be considered desirable:
- cultural awareness and understanding, as well as specific interest in the United States
- elective credit points left in your degree
Please note: the program is open to international students; however students should be aware that it may be difficult to acquire a visa to the US depending on their Country of Citizenship. International students should refer to the Embassy of the United States for more information before applying.
International Students will also need to meet UCLA’s minimum English language requirements of one of the following:
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5
- iTEP minimum score of 5
- CAE/CPE - Level C1 Grades A, B, and C
- TOEFL minimum score of 550 for the paper-based test, 213 for the computer-based test, 79 for the internet-based test
Students can use the IELTS or TOEFL results that they used to gain admission to the University of Western Australia or University of Sydney, and do not need to re-sit the test for admission into this program.
International students educated in English or who are residents of a country in which English is one of the primary languages, are exempt from meeting the English language requirements.