The program costs are made up of three parts: the program package fees, the accommodation and meal package fees, and additional costs. The program package fee is payable to the United States Studies Centre and the accommodation and meal fee is payable to UCLA Housing via your online Bruin account.
1. Program Package Fees
Fee in USD
Tuition for two UCLA subjects
Pre-departure seminars and cultural activities in LA
Please note: The program package fee must be paid in Australian dollars and the exchange rate will be determined before the deadline for the final fee payment.
A deposit of AU$400 will be payable at the time of application. If offered a placement on the program, a further AU$600 will be payable to accept your placement. The total AU$1000 is part-payment of the total program fees and final payment for the difference is due 11 April 2016.
2. Accommodation and Meal Package Fees
You will have the opportunity to choose an accommodation and meals package from the UCLA Summer Housing offerings. Fees for the full six-week program range from US$1645 to US$2811 depending on the type of package you choose. For more information, please visit the Accommodation Page.
3. Additional costs
Students are also responsible for the following costs:
- Visa application and lodgment costs. Refer to the Embassy of the United States for details. Approximate cost is AU$500 (could vary depending on exchange rate at time of payment).
- Airfares and transfers
- Any additional food and entertainment costs.
- Any costs accumulated at UCLA i.e. printing and other miscellany.
- In the event that the UCLA Study Abroad Program is cancelled, students will receive 100% refund of program fees.
- Upon application, all students must pay a fee of AUD400 (which is part-payment of the program fees). This will only be refunded if your application is unsuccessful or if you choose not to accept your offer.
- Upon receiving an offer for the program, students will have to complete the AUD1000 deposit by paying the AUD600 difference to accept their offer. The total AUD1000 will only be refunded if your visa application is unsuccessful or in the event that the UCLA Study Abroad Program is cancelled.
- Students who withdraw from the UCLA Study Abroad Program prior to close of business on 23 May 2016, will receive a full refund of any program fees paid, less the AUD1000 deposit.
- Students who withdraw from the UCLA Study Abroad Program after close of business on 24 May 2016 will not receive a refund of any fees paid.
- Applications to withdraw from the UCLA Study Abroad Program must be received in writing and lodged with the United States Studies Centre by the relevant date. The United States Studies Centre requests that students withdraw no later than 31 May 2016.