LOS ANGELES AND WASHINGTON D.C. PLACEMENT PROGRAM - January to March
Offered over the Australian summer break (January to March) the Los Angeles and Washington DC Placement Programs offer undergraduates a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to study, work and live in one of the most dynamic cities in the world.
Designed for aspiring business leaders, the Placement Programs offer the best possible head start to your career. Combining study in American business and leadership skills, with a professional placement in a leading organisation, this is a not-to-be-missed opportunity for senior students preparing to enter the workforce.
have you heard about the los angeles and washington d.c. placement program?
If you're interested in the program, submit your Expression of Interest below:
Have an enquiry? Use the contact form below:
Los Angeles and Washington D.C. Program Details
The placement programs are open to students from The University of Western Australia's Faculty of Arts and Business School. This incredible opportunity allows you to:
To complement their studies, participants will also complete a professional placement in a wide range of organisations, including in business, entertainment, government, thinks tanks and NGOs.
- Gain invaluable international experience
- Learn about the intricacies of American business, politics, and culture
- Network with business and government leaders
- Receive credit towards your degree
- Complement your studies through a professional placement
- Participants will complete two units of study (equivalent to 18 credit points) at either the University California’s Los Angeles (Business students) or Washington DC (Arts students) campuses for credit towards their degrees.
Participants will receive credit for their internship experience by cross-institutionally enrolling in the University of Sydney’s placement units, which will be facilitated by Sydney academics in LA and DC. In total, participants will receive 18 credit points towards their degrees.
Before students submit their application, they must ensure that they can commit to the important dates in addition to meeting the following requirements:
Minimum WAM of 65% credit average
For consideration in the Los Angeles Placement Program, students must be enrolled in a University of Western Australia Business School undergraduate degree (including combined degrees administered by the Business School) with at least 96 credit points of study.
- Have a current passport and be eligible for a US visa. (NB: If your passport is not valid for 6 months past the program end date, you will need to apply and receive your new passport prior to apply for a Visa).
- Through personal and academic qualities demonstrate a potential to be an outstanding ambassador of your home institutions and faculties including the Perth USASIA Centre, the United States Studies Centre, the University of Western Australia and the University of Sydney Business School
- Cultural awareness and understanding, as well as a specific interest in the United States of America is desirable
- Please note that before students submit their application, they must ensure that they can commit to the important dates.
- Additional requirements
For consideration in the Washington DC Placement Program, students must be currently enrolled in a University of Western Australia Arts undergraduate (including combined degrees administered by the Faculty of Arts at UWA) with at least 48 credit points of study.
(Please note: both programs are open to international students; however students should refer to the Embassy of the United States to clarify specific visa requirements before applying)
Further details on the program will be provided shortly.