indo-pacific executive education
The Indo-Pacific Executive Development Program is designed for business executives and senior government officials with around 15 years of professional experience who want to better understand geopolitical trends among China, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, India and the broader region. The program provides insights on and deeper understanding of the economies, domestic political systems, cultures, history and nation state interactions of the region and how they relate to business in Australia. This masterclass offers a valuable opportunity to interact with world experts from academia, government and business. Discussion between participants and experts helps develop customised insights for your business, and creates a strong network between executives and leading Asia experts.
See our 2016 promotional flyer
The Perth USAsia Centre convenes the Executive Development Program every year with three full-day modules focussed on China, Japan and Korea, and India and the Indo-Pacific. Past speakers in our development program include:
- John Garnaut, Senior Media Adviser, Prime Minister's Office
- Prof. Rikki Kersten, Dean of Arts, Murdoch University
- Kim Beazley, Former Ambassador to the USA
- Prof. Rory Medcalf, Head of National Security College, ANU
- George Gilboy, Vice President and Cheif Economist, Woodside Energy Ltd
- Stephen Smith, Former Minister for Defence and Foreign Affairs
- Greg Earl, Former Asia-Pacific Editor, Australian Financial Review
- Natalie Sambhi, Research Fellow, Perth USAsia Centre
If you would like to receive updates on this year's Executive Development Program, please contact us now.
"This course provided invaluable political and economic insights about the Indo-Pacific region. Understanding the unique position of the key powers in the region will be important in successfully navigating this major sector of the global economy."
- Matthew Lengerich, General Manager, Operations Centre, Rio Tinto
"If you are serious about the Asian Century and its opportunities then the Perth USAsia Centre's Indo-Pacific executive development program is essential."
- Peter Tinley AM MLA, Member for Willagee, Minister for Housing; Veterans Issues; and Youth
"Truly insightful and highly educational. A 'must attend' program for business leaders with a focus on Asia."
- Fiona Lawrie, Sustainability Manager, Wesfarmers
"This program provides the unique opportunity to interact with Australia's leading academics and political leaders to gain in-depth and the latest knowledge on specific countries in Asia. Anyone with an Asian regional remit would find this progrma of great benefit."
- Amy Hallam, Senior Business Development Manager, Perth Convention Bureau